Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It has been one of those days that I need "THE BLOG" to vent express some frustration with normal life. However today my title would not fit into the "Fun at Park" or "My life is just rainbows and butterflies" or "My kids are the greatest on the planet" category!

Granted, I DO have amazing kids, I am blessed and I am not so lazy as to never take my kids to the park. But let's face it! I am not perfect, my husband is so not perfect, and my kids are just kids! Catastrophe did not happen today, no one was hurt, abused or sent to bed without their Cheerios and banana dinner. The kids went to bed happily after bedtime stories. I am just a tired worn out Mom that has experienced Groundhog Day once again and need to sleep like a baby and be rejuvenated for another! So with that in mind, here is my grumpy--oh, I mean, real life happens---post for the day. Included is a list that needs to be accomplished tomorrow---preferably before the monsters awake!

I need to embrace the fact that I am not the FUN PARENT, but the pick up these things (for the 10th time), get homework done, please practice your piano/violin, I am going crazy, quit beating him up, did you get your room clean?, no you cant eat junk--eat your dinner PARENT!

I need to PAY UP the dollar I owe to Walker for a few 4 letter words that have been muttered the last few days. (Not really bad 4 letters, but 4 letters none the less!) Uhhhhhhhhhhh.

I need to finish sweeping the cracker crumbs out of MY bed with a smile on my face and decide MY room is OK to be the family's free for all, or keep it dead bolted when the animals/kids get home from school. (even though the rule of the house is no eating unless your bum is on a kitchen stool--in the kitchen of course)

I need to enjoy my front and family rooms being disguised as the dirty storage rooms. The construction zone in the basement will soon smell like fresh paint and new carpet. Walker & Whit will have their own space, we will have a toy room, my garage will no longer look like a tornado hit and everything in this whole entire house will have it's place or be in the DI! Yipee!

I need to be thankful that the 3 spills that Wes awarded me with today on the carpet were only mini marshmallows and water! (It was not red punch, barf or poo!)

Thank you for the vent, I feel better already and good night!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Is that all????? Just kidding. Hope you have a good/better day tomorrow.

jillpill said...

JaNae, one of the reasons I love your blog and you (of course) is because you are REAL. Who wants to read blogs that are smiles and gaggy rainbows all the time? I also get sick of blogs where bragging of "genius" children are the main topics..."little Bobby read at the age of 11 months today and he wrote his own piano concerto after his nap. Oprah wants him on her show later this week, and the food network wants his recipe for organic baby food! We are so proud!" BARF! Life is messy, boring, crazy, fun, awful, wonderful, dirty and amazing all at the same time. Sometimes truly enjoying it involves the days where the "monotonous norm" gets appreciated and dissected...like your day today. Thank you for showing the blogging world that you are normal like the rest of us-with ups and downs. I love you!

ps. go feed Gary some...HAM. it will make you feel better.

Amy Springen said...

Oh JaNae, you are definitely not alone in this battle!! I have days like this, hhhmmm let's see, EVERYDAY!!! And what is up with the parent's room being a gathering place for everyone else's crap....I just want my room back!!!!
Glad you could let it all fly! Hope tomorrow you feel better about stuff!!!
Love ya!!

Saunja said...

Okay, you should have called me. I would have come over and then I could have ignored my huge sink-ful of dishes and dirty kitchen floor that much longer. You are so normal and so great. Your basement WILL get done SOON! I'm baking you a cake tomorrow and bringing it over. Or maybe some brownies. Which do you prefer?

Cami said...

Um yeah, that's me too. Every day my kids ask...why do we have to work AGAIN????

ME: Cuz your pigs!

Ramsey said...

I can relate COMPLETLY! And I will have to admit it's nice to know that I'm not ALONE!! I think you are great!