I just caught my daughter of 6 years gently placing an egg from the fridge into a cute little container and trying to sneak it downstairs into her room. When asked about her little plan she said that she really wants to grow a baby chicken.
All I could think to tell her was that because the egg was refrigerated, that the baby chicken wasn't alive. Dumb, dumb answer, but maybe sufficient for her innocent mind. It gives me stress to think of eventually giving her the "talk." For now I am just cracking up--literally. We may have baby chickens for breakfast in the morning.
Happy Halloween!
13 years ago
1 comment:
I think that I actually tried doing that once, but it never did work! Then later on either that year or the year after that, I had "the talk" and I knew why it didn't work.
-Liesl
Post a Comment