This afternoon Jeff and I escaped and went on a little date; out to a late lunch and to see a movie, Mama Mia to be exact! We had a great time. When I was a little girl, my parents had an album of theses songs by ABBA on a record that we would always listen and sing to. We always included our with fake instruments and microphone thumbs that would make us think we were really a band. I remember on our favorite songs dancing and jumping around and making the record skipping. The good ole' days! The songs brought back great memories but the movie introduced different things into my mind, that are not super uplifting or wholesome. Don't get me wrong Meryl Streep did a great job but when it really comes down to it she was a little bit of a harlot! Getting pregnant as a young girl and being able to narrow the Dad down to 3 is screaming floozy to me! I feel a little guilty for enjoying the movie as much as I did, there was not a single trace of a moral in the entire plot. I remember a lesson in Seminary along time ago that discussed good vs bad. For example, if you found a doughnut that looked so fresh and smelled so good, but someone smeared cow poop on top for icing would you eat it? Under and around that vile icing is something that would taste good and be delightful. All you would have to do is scrape off and ignore the cow dung and you would have a tasty treat! Something really good with a little bit of bad--is it still good? Isn't Mama Mia kind of the same? There were some great parts in the movie that were very enjoyable, I just scraped off all the imorality--it's just that simple. Ok, when it really comes down to it, I must admit I ate my cow poop doughnut tonight and it was shamefully delicious!
(Jeff mentioned that this post sounded a little preachy, so I apologize--Maybe his is just feeling guilty that he completely was entertained by this movie, but yet doesn't feel a little skanky after watching it, like his wife! :)
Happy Halloween!
13 years ago
3 comments:
Yummy....pooooop! JaNae you are so so so so so funny! Love this post! I was thinking about the doughnut poop thing just today, so reading this post was great. I'm glad you got to go on a date! The best! Love ya and miss ya!
HA ha
i Felt exactly the same. A Shamefully delicious show that I maybe want to own but hide in my sock drawer.
Hi--You don't know me but Katy sent me this post and I totally agree! HOWEVER----I must say that the main character's swimsuits were surprizingly modest!! She could have very easily worn a skimpy bikini...maybe the glaze on the doughnut...under the poop??? :D
Post a Comment