I cannot believe it has been a week since I posted. This summer has flown by! This week was hilarious(I'll post about it soon!), but Saturday--the special day--brings me to cleaning up from the week, getting ready for the Sabbath and the next week to come. I usually enlist help from the "helpful" troops to get the house clean. This morning however they cleaned the basement and picked up their rooms, but then I decided to take the low road and let them play and eat cookies outside at 10am--love the morning sun on our back patio. Why the low road you ask? Doesn't a good mom clean with her children in order to teach them an outstanding work ethic? Well yes good moms do; but good and sane moms sometimes sometimes take the LOW ROAD. Today I decided that I would be happier the rest of the day, if I give my children the morning off as I thoroughly clean the kitchen, the bathrooms, vacuum , dust and do 6 loads of laundry! Whew! I did that to avoid the contention and frustration that comes with cleaning with a 9, 6, crazy 4 and 1 year old (that undoes all that is finished). Go ahead judge me! Think lower of me and my children that were lazy today! I am enjoying my clean house!
....that will probably stay clean for 2 more hours at the most! Whaahhhhh!
Oh--and by the way--as I was vacuuming a nasty fly was buzing around my head. I thought I would show him--but really didn't. I tried to suck him up with the wand of my vacuum since I don't own a fly swatter since the move. No avail. However, the kids had a grand time watching me as I ran all over the place with wand in hand. Those babies are so fast. Today I gained a new and refreshed appreciation for Mr. Mioggi and his chop sticks. What a stud!
Happy Halloween!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment