Sunday, November 30, 2008

What do you get when you substitute 4 1/2 cups of half & half for 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream and 3 cups of 2% milk?


Back ache from stirring this concoction for 2.5 hours.
Weird curd-ily carmels with tears on top!
Garbage can full of 6c sugar, 3c corn syrup, 3c evaporated milk, 3/4c butter and 2T vanilla. (Not to mention the 4 1/2 cups of freaking half and half!)
It may be a few weeks before I can make this amazing caramel recipe again!
Huge disappointment!!!!

5 comments:

jillpill said...

Oh JaNae, I am so so sorry! Good to remember! Did they taste good...even with the yucky texture? Yes, I would have tried them!

Unknown said...

Oh Wow, good to see I am not the only one with kitchen trial and error. So we plan to play dodgeball again for Christmas...you all will have to join us. Great way to work off all the delicious food. And what a lesson when I learned my five year old could almost catch me.

Saunja said...

Aw, what a bummer. Sorry! I'd love to learn to make that with you!

Cami said...

hahaha, that totally sounds like something I would do. 75% of the time it works out...the other 35, the trash!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I've just been catching up on your blog from the last few weeks. I love them all. What a talented writer you are. I love your house pictures too. A clean house is like no other feeling in the world. I love it.