Sunday, May 2, 2010

I am a Big Fat Liar...

Especially after my last post. Brace yourselves...yeah right. This week the blog has been neglected (imagine that) and I am sure I have embarrassed my children. Hello, Given. And for the record I have worn my glasses for 5 days straight. Not to intentionally embarrass my Kindergartner, but to hopefully say goodbye to these 4-eyes in the form of heaven sent Lasik. Almost 1 week down, 3 more to go.

Today was a good Sunday even with 4 kids alone at church. Jeff's schedule bites, but we pull through. I am motivated to have my kids there...every week. I yearn for them have an unwavering testimony and for the times that they look forward to being at church for a whole 3 hours, instead of asking me every 5 minutes, "is it time to go home yet?"

I was especially excited to get my kids to church today after I remembered that
#1--I was a Liar,
#2--Whitney asked me how much I got paid to be Primary President......definitely not enough. :)
and
#3--I heard Wes, the Sunbeam, break the 3rd Commandment last night before bed.

Needless to say, this morning I pulled up the panty-hose pretty dang fast to get us all there on time. We however probably should have gone to church for 6 hours.


Anyway, we survived and enjoyed a Break the Fast dinner together. Here is some of the conversation we enjoyed and died laughing over:

1. Whitney asked and was curious to know how much Concussion Oil we have in our house.
Consecrated Oil---Check
Concussion Oil---Let me go Check.

2. Walker mentioned that he would like to serve a mission and especially in a place where they speak Pig-Latin. If anyone knows where they speak that....please let us know, and President Monson for that matter.

3. With the obsession of Pig-Latin in our home, Wyatt has been practicing for his mission too. Unfortunately at the dinner table in Pig-Latin, he asked Jeff to pass the Poop instead of Milk. Dinner was hard to get down, especially because spaghetti and meatballs were on the menu.

4. Wes practiced some Pig (please hold the Latin) and ate just about 2 cans of mandarin orange before dinner. They were on the table ready to be served...and then he blamed it on everyone else in the family besides himself. I wonder why he was not hungry for the rest of his dinner?

Oink Oink. Or as they say in a land far far away Oink-Lay, Oink-Lay.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Janae, you always make me laugh! I miss you!

Cami said...

Yay on the surgery! That's exciting...crazy the things I get excited about these days!

Saunja said...

Lasik? Cool. I had no idea! Congrats.