Friday, July 18, 2008

New Family Rule


Walker had his first piano lesson today! I feel bad that we are starting him a little late, as he is 9 years old, but hopefully he will move fast and continue to be motivated. Walker is such a great kid and is so happy when he is happy, but to keep him happy Walker needs purpose and has to stay busy with a project or task. (kind of like his mother) He was so incredibly nervous , but was comforted as she was young, kind and happy. When he finished there was a gleam in his eyes and he exclaimed---THAT WASN'T BAD! His teacher had us purchase 4 level one books and I think he was overwhelmed thinking he was going to have to go through all of them at once. On the way home he set a new family rule---NO friends until AFTER my piano is practiced! Great plan Walk! I'm glad it is YOUR idea. :)

1 comment:

jillpill said...

Awesome rule! Lets hope he still thinks that is cool when it still applies in high school-Ha Ha. Rock on Walker! By the way you look so handsome!