Your weather was amazing. I am so excited that have ushered in a taste of Spring. (Mr. Winter...we are getting tired of you.) We are longing for more sunshine, green grass and blooming tulips.
Today I spent time talking teeth with 50 kindergartners.... wild but fun.
We scratched piano lessons off of our weekly list and played at the park.
The oldest 3 took advantage of the snow, (that is quickly disappearing) and went sledding behind our house without coats. Good, Good, Stuff.
Tonight, when the bread winner comes home from his long day we have planned a fancy dinner with the good dishes. Hopefully a Farewell To Winter Dinner. Is that too much to ask?
At dinner I am sure we will reminisce and share stories about my Grandpa. We are melancholy thinking that his time here on this earth is short. We had a peaceful visit with him last night. The feelings that I have are tender but I am happy to know where he is going and who he will be with. I am thankful for his example and the amazing man that he is. I treasure the memories of him.
Oh how I loved...
Cherry Chocolate Blizzards with just him. No parents allowed!
Curling his hair
His Special Punch
Pretending to stowaway in the backseat of his car after one of their frequent visits
His Blue eyes that mine resemble
The Hammock
Flying Kites
His shed with a pile of grain that reached the ceiling
Tubing behind the tractor in the winter
His whistle that went everywhere with us
Mud bogging in the farm trucks---we were bad
and saving the best for last,
My Patriarchal Blessing.
I am a lucky girl.
Happy Halloween!
13 years ago
4 comments:
What a sweet, sweet post. I loved reading your memories with your Grandfather. You are a lucky girl.
So sweet! What tender memories- and a very special grandpa. There's nothing like a grandpa.
Sweet memories! Thank goodness we can always have those with us even after they are gone.
Grandfather's are golden! I'm sure he loves you so much.
Post a Comment