Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day Top Ten!

1. Being awaken by Cheering, Laughter and Flowers in my Face!

2. Whitney's company while making Sunday Supper Waffles, Strawberries and Bacon! Delish....Whitney set the table and everyone helped clean up!
(In Jeff's defense, NO he did not cook breakfast, but worked hard for us all night and was snoozing.)

3. Attending church with my hubby and these cute kids who are getting too big....(Hey Wes, look over here!)
 
Posted by Picasa

4. Picking up Wyatt from primary and receiving a bouquet of "flowers" made out of his hands traced on paper. Each of them had a free chore for me that was promised by him. I asked if he was going to do ALL these things for me and her replied.."No way, I hate chores, I just wrote them down for you" Ha Ha Ha!

5. Listening to Wes sing "YOU ARE SO B-U-T-IFUL" from The Little Rascals, as he ran his fingers through my hair.

6. Unwrapping beautiful hand drawn pictures and notes on seriously half a ream of paper from Wyatt and Whitney. Some of my favorites were of course more SpongeBob (Wyatt forgot to include Gary the meowing snail in his letter to Carter and I was the privileged recipient of the masterpiece), lots of flowers and hearts, dogs and a few stick figure vampires!

7. Receiving an adorable coupon book from Walker to me that included: one free car wash, one free weed pull, one free dishwasher unload, one free bed make and best of all one free hug! (I love the last the most, I have to steal hugs from him lately)

8. Driving to the Hospital 6 minutes after Jeff left for work to retrieve 2 stowaways that snuck and hid in the back seat of his truck under blankets. Very sneaky of you Mr. 9 year old and Miss 7 year old!

9. Getting my hair curled and styled by Whitney, of course, as we watched a little T.V. She mentioned that my hair has NEVER looked so good...and it probably hasn't since the last time she played beauty parlor.

10. Family prayer with the youngest two really trying to be reverent, but failing horribly because they are part monkey! AND....Telling bed time stories about the hilarious poodle I grew up with. She was a great dog, but thought she was a giant poodle or at least half bear!


I have great kids. I am blessed to be their Mother....And even more blessed to have Mine. Love to them all on this Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Megan Jo Eddie said...

Sounds like a great day. What funny children you have. It's because they have such a fun mom who brings out the very best in each one of them. You truly are an amazing example of a mother. Love you Janae.

Saunja said...

You are such a great mother. Your hair looked fantastic- good job Whit! And I'm glad you found the stowaways- hilarious! Jeff and your beautiful kids are so lucky to have you.

jillpill said...

What a wonderful day! You do have fantastic children who adore you! My only question is...is that coupon good for only "one" weed pull? Or is it good for an hour session or something. I would find out before I turned that one in!

Unknown said...

Loved your top ten! You had a memorable day that is for sure.