Wednesday, April 8, 2009

GREAT!

I have yet ANOTHER story on my motherhood belt (that may be as large as a small planet) that my children will bring up during their teenage years when they feel like they are not being loved, treated fairly, etc, etc. Motherhood tonight is seriously making me ill---will the guilt trips that we create for ourselves (because we procreated in the first place) ever come to an end?

Friday....paid $80 on the last day of baseball sign-ups for Walker to play this spring. Walker is elated, I am excited for him. Received a chintzy "little" note informing me that he would have to try-out. Yes, tryouts are these 2 days. Blah, Blah, Blah. Little note, goes into the bottomless pit of my purse.

Wednesday....call at 10:30pm from baseball coach. Walker has been drafted out of a hat because he did not show up for tryouts, because his unfit mother (who needs to save thousands for her children's therapy, let alone have her tubes tied and retied so that no more Johnson children will be subject to her sub and I mean SUB-par parenting skills and disorganization,) forgot to pull the little chintzer out and write the *@#! dates on the calendar.

For the record, in my defense of course, the last 3 weeks we have passed Strep Throat around to everyone except Jeff, and Wyatt twice. Will that excuse hold up in the YOU are a horrible parent court of law?

I did however a few years summers ago forget about Walkers t-ball pictures. Yes, I still and probably will always remember that one. Walker's 1st practice is tomorrow, during Scouts, that I am in charge of. Maybe he will be happy to have missed the stress of try-outs, he is ONLY 9 and 3/4. And maybe, just maybe that is still young enough to forget that he is a guinea pig when it comes to being the oldest child. Oink, Oink. I will continue to save for you DUDE!

2 comments:

Saunja said...

Oh JaNae, I am so sorry! I COMPLETELY understand how easy it is to do that. On a lighter note, I do love your writing. You are always so creative.

Cami said...

I think Walker will dedicate at least a chapter in his book to you.

Writing a book is cheaper than therapy...right??