Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 26, 2010

Our morning started out crazy with these 2 Crazies. Walker and Whitney have joined the Tiger Aquatic Club for the summer. They were able to take part in a Swim-A-Thon to help raise money for their team. (Necessary evil I must add. Two thumbs down for fundraisers and pestering neighbors for money! But 2 thumbs and maybe 2 big toes way up for kids that swim all morning long and then are exhausted when it is time for them to go to bed.)
 

We started out the day explaining to a friend, that No, Walker does not have a Port Wine Stain covering 90% of his back. That is in fact a sunburn that was caused by self application of sunscreen (or lack of), while in Wyoming earlier in the week. Nice. I think he has learned his lesson.
 

They swam hard for 2 hours while I counted their laps, and stole sips of their Gatorade, because counting is hard work.
 

 

The fan club!
 

Their "Very Official," official numbers drawn on with permanent marker.
And yes, Walker has legs that resemble fowl that fly in the air. I am jealous. Life is not fair.
 

My favorite part of the day included a quick nap after the pool festivities and a visit from my Dad. I wish I lived closer to my family, but Pocatello serves as quite the quaint little pit stop for our family just passing through. It is great. We introduced him to Jill's hilarious new post, in which she makes me look bad. And old. He spoiled the kids with fun stories, his duck impression and then entertained them on the lawn with helicopter rides. I thought for sure we would have to rush him to the Chiropractor on a stretcher, but he endured. He is a fun Grandpa.
 

Then we just talked, and talked and talked. It was amazing and so is he. I am thankful for his humor, fatherly love, and pep talks about life. I am a lucky, lucky girl. Love you Dad!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I love grandpas!