Sunday, October 25, 2009

I am in a "what the heck am I going to make for dinner" slump! I need to be more like my Mom when it comes to Sunday Dinner. Her Sunday dinners were always amazing. I am depriving my kids....and I think I am just lazy! Sister's Cafe never disappoints so last minute before church I threw ingredients for THIS recipe in the Crock Pot.

I did not however have chicken, or corn. (Hello....I know I was missing 2 out of the 4 ingredients, but maybe that is why Wyatt calls me number blind.) I used a small pork roast from Costco and we did without the corn. I also added 1 tsp of cumin. It was de-lish served with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream!

And before I forget to mention....one of Jeff's Facebook friends mentioned that when you shred meat use your hand mixer!
What THE?????
Ok, I admit I used it. It grossed me and gave me a hankering for my Billy Bob Teeth, overalls, messy hair that has not been brushed for a week and half dressed dirty kids running around chasing 3 dogs. But I might add it worked really, really well.

5 comments:

Jolyn said...

Hey Sister! I am going to have to try that mixer trick. I HATE shredding meat. We use this recipe all the time, it is delicious. It has been a while so I might have to throw it in the crockpot today:)
Oh and I know one of the cute sisters from the Sister's Cafe! They went to med school with us. Miss you JaNae!!!!

jillpill said...

Oh, I see how it is. Comment on JaNae's blog but not mine? Real Nice Jo! You're on my LIST!

By the way...the beaters sound like an awesome idea. Even though the thought of cleaning them afterwords has to be as bad a trying to floss a camel. Glad your dinner worked out JaNae! Ours was sub par.

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I absolutley can not see you in overalls or messy hair or billy bob teeth. you are hilarious. Thank you for starting my day off in a good mood. love ya Janae

Saunja said...

YUM- that recipe sounds GREAT. Shredding meat with beaters???

Cami said...

I'll have to give it a try...I didn't even feed my kids dinner tonight, didn't even realize it til they were in bed :(